Women’s Health Therapeutic in The Global Pharmaceutical Market
While women’s health encompasses several health issues, this report will focus on menopause-related disorders, postmenopausal osteoporosis, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome and pregnancy disorders.This report does not focus on drugs for infertility, diagnostic and drug technologies for breast cancer or therapies and diagnostics for ovarian cancer.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/5472032
However, we have individuals reports which discusses the scope of these health concerns in detail. The report codes for these reports are listed below:
– PHM194A Drugs for Infertility: Global Markets.
– HLC143B Therapies and Diagnostics for Ovarian Cancer: Global Markets.
– HLC209A U.S. Fertility Clinics Market.
– HLC106B Breast Cancer Diagnostic and Drug Technologies: Global Markets.
– 26 data tables and 34 additional tables
– Detailed overview of the global markets for pharmaceuticals for women’s health
– Country specific data and analysis for United States, Mexico, Germany, U.K., France, China, India, Japan, Middle East and Africa
– A look at the regulatory environment which has been a driving force in the drug development industry
– Information on competitor initiatives, and information with regard to demand for specialty chemicals used to develop new products and for new applications
– A relevant patent analysis within the sector
– Comprehensive company profiles of major Players in the Market including AbbVie Inc., Allergan PLC, Amgen Inc., Bayer Ag., Eli Lilly and Company, Johnson & Johnson Inc., Novo Nordisk and Pfizer Inc.
Women’s health therapeutics have a strong presence in the global pharmaceutical market, and that presence is expected to increase from approximately $x.x billion in 2017 to nearly $x.x billion by 2023, at a CAGR of x.x%. North America dominates the global women’s health market, with a marketshare of x.x% in 2017. North America will continue with its leading position, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific, during the forecast period.
The postmenopausal osteoporosis segment leads the global women’s health therapeutics and technologies market and will continue to significantly drive market growth, followed by pregnancy disorders and management, menopause-related conditions, endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome.Pharmaceutical companies in the women’s healthcare space are expanding their R&D base and doubling efforts to expand beyond reproductive health into key women’s health areas, such as menopause-related conditions and osteoporosis.
Existing therapies for these health problems have issues pertaining to safety and efficacy; for instance, hormone therapy comes with serious safety concerns.Therefore, there is growing unmet need for better and safer products, particularly from growing elderly populations.
Osteoporosis, similar to hormone therapy, sees increasing demand due to a growing older demographic, but safety concerns have curbed efforts to address that demand. The bisphosphonate category, while regarded by physicians as safe and effective, has suffered considerably over concerns of atypical fractures and osteonecrosis of the jaw.
Women’s health therapeutics have established a very strong presence in the global pharmaceutical market over the last few decades.The market is expected to grow moderately, mainly due to patent expirations of blockbuster drugs such as Evista, the Premarin family, Forteo, Mirena, Boniva, Actonel, Gonal-F and several others.
However, the launch of new drugs in the market, and novel drugs under research and development in the late-stage pipeline, has the strong potential to drive the market during the forecast period.
The global women’s health therapeutics market is dominated by Eli Lilly; Amgen, Inc.; Merck & Co, Inc.; AbbVie, Inc.; Bayer AG and Pfizer Inc. They held a significant share of the global women’s health market in 2017. Tier 1 companies dominate the market share owing to increased preference of their product portfolio, revenue from their women’s health portfolios, overall sales and the company’s global presence.