A healthy lifestyle is something that everyone wants and dreams of, but only few of them attain it. Not everyone can work out regularly and eat healthy. With the busy lives of jobs, handling household; quick take away of a cup of coffee and a sandwich is a convenient option. With the achievement of success and great career, the area of health is ignored and deteriorating. So if you cannot give proper care to your body and give it a healthy nutrition, you can take a healthy shortcut towards a fit life. Shortcuts are not always bad, if they result in something wonderful.
Taking health supplements have become a necessity in today’s life. These supplements include vitamins, minerals, omega-3, amino acids, calcium, iron and many other essential body requirements. These supplements, taken on daily or weekly basis, fulfil the needs of our body, which are usually ignored by us with our unhealthy diet and routine.
From where to get: These supplements should be taken after consultation with doctor, and not by yourself. But even these supplements fail to deliver nutrition to our body if they are not of good quality. So checking the quality of the supplements before their intake is very important. You can refer to a trustworthy pharmacy for the same. You should visit the pharmacy which have good contract manufacturing of the supplements that you intake.
Some of the innumerable benefits that these supplements provide us are:
- Toxic environment: The era of growing industries and mechanics are creating havocs of difficulties for our health. Our body needs to be very fit to deal with these toxins. Our body needs more nutrients to fights with the harmful toxins in our body and protect us from various diseases. These toxins not only come from dust and pollution, but also from stress, unnatural lightening, lack of sleep and unhealthy food as well.
- Quality nutrition: Our body deserves better attention than we give it. We usually tend to miss the nutritional food like milk, curd, fish, raw vegetables and more. Health supplements are the best replacement of these quality foods. For example, intake of Potassium capsules, which we usually get through food like spinach, kale and potatoes which are generally missed in our diet, are such important for our blood pressure. Nutrients like Lutein and Zeaxanthin which are really good for the health of our eyes are replacement of food like avocado and eggs.
- Satisfying water needs: Water contains a very good amount of minerals required by our body. We usually used to get magnesium from the intake of water. But the bottled water is deprived of this major nutrient. Tap water contains much more minerals than the bottled ones. Water filters take out many important minerals such as magnesium from water, which is why taking medication has become important to satisfy the nutritional need of body.
- Nutrient need increases with age: With increasing age, the need for nutrients in our body increases. On the contrary, the digestive enzymes in our body become slower with age. So the process of breaking down the nutrients from food and absorbing those nutrients gets very difficult. Direct intake of nutrients helps the absorption process in our body.
While the health supplements play an important role in our routinely diet, these medications should not be taken without prescription and several precautions should be taken care of while consuming them:
- Reading the label properly before buying the supplements is naturally a good habit. But there are some unethical manufacturers who add some replacements or additives but do not mention it one the label. They replace some herbs or acids with some less costly substances in order to make more profits.
- No doubt that our body needs nutrients to keep us healthy. But these nutrients need to be of a considerable amount in our body. Taking more than required amount can also prove to be harmful for our body. That is why doctor’s recommendation is so important. They tell us exactly the amount we need to consume and how often to take these supplements.
- One should be very careful while ingesting these nutrients with other medications. Medicines consist of many chemicals that may or may not be suitable with these nutrients. These nutrients may interfere with the action of other medicines and they may not work as intended.
- As health supplements are considered more as food then medication, they hardly go under the strict checking and observation like other medicines. So we cannot determine the quality of these supplements.