The constant exposure to environmental toxins coupled with unhealthy lifestyle is a major cause of the growing prevalence of diseases today. While following a healthy lifestyle may reduce the concerns, it is yet not enough because there is not much that you can do about the toxins you inhale, eat and drink every day. In such circumstances, it becomes necessary to reboot your body from time to time. The best approach is to opt for a detoxification program that aims to support the function of your detox organs for clearing out the harmful toxins from your body.
Why detox: Does it really work?
Basically, a detox program comprises the right diet coupled with an exercise routine to accelerate the accumulated toxins from your body. These programs may last from a few weeks to a few months, depending on your personal requirements and condition. Whatever may be the duration of the program, a majority of people who follow them report extensive benefits. From an improved digestion to weight loss, glowing skin, higher energy levels, emotional boost, and more, you can keep counting the benefits and they will probably never end.
What a detox plan really does to your body is amazing as it puts your system back on track. Even if you cannot do nothing much to avoid environmental toxins, the plan can actually put your system into a fast track mode for getting rid of them. Besides experiencing the general health benefits, it alleviates the risk of disease to a considerable extent. As a detox plan has such a wide range of benefits, wouldn’t it be better to make it a part of your life rather than just a periodic exercise? Obviously, yes because taking a gentle cleanse everyday is a far better approach to be healthy in the body and the mind.
Easy tips to detox everyday
Detoxification should ideally be an ongoing process rather than a routine that you follow for a few weeks or months on your dietitian suggestion. And it becomes much easier if you make it a way of life rather than stick to a list of complex diet charts and workout sessions. If you are looking to detox your body and mind on a daily basis, here are some tips that you can incorporate in your routine.
- Start your day with a 10-minute meditation session: A detox regime should be holistic because eliminating mental and emotional toxins is as vital as clearing out the physical toxins. Meditation is the best way to start your day as it detoxifies your mind by clearing out the negative thoughts and emotions. Only 10 minutes of stillness, deep breathing and focusing can give you the positivity to handle the entire day with a relaxed attitude.
- Have a glass of lemon water: When it comes to the detoxification of your body, the best bet is to regulate your bowel movement. Having a glass of warm water with a dash of lemon works up your digestive function and prevents constipation, Furthermore, it is excellent for flushing out the toxins that get accumulated in your body during sleep. Add a spoonful of honey to make the mix even more effective.
- Take a diet high in probiotic foods and drinks
If you make a habit of eating healthy every single day of your life, you will probably never need to take up a specific detox plan. While eating organic foods helps, it is even better to opt for the gut-friendly probiotic foods and drinks. Essentially, these are the foods high in gut-friendly bacteria that play a key role in improving your digestion. Kefir, kimchi, sauerkraut, miso and yogurt are the foods that are rich in probiotics. If you cannot get enough of the through food sources, try adding some probiotic supplements in your daily diet.
- Exercise everyday: Another easy tip to detox on a daily basis is through regular exercise. Strenuous exercises such as running, cycling and aerobics make you sweat a lot, which does a good job at removing toxins from the body. Only 30 minutes of physical activity a day can do wonders for your mood and energy levels. Those who cannot do such exercises can try steam bath or sauna as these get you to sweat.
- Dry brushing your skin to improve circulation: Unbelievable as it may sound, something as easy as dry brushing your skin also excretes toxins from your body. It stimulates your lymph nodes and speeds up the blood circulation throughout the body. Moreover, it removes the dead skin cells and leaves your skin radiant and youthful.
Aren’t these tips easy to follow every day? Make them a part of your daily routine and you will get benefits that as extensive as those provided by a tailored detoxification program suggested by a professional.